Saturday, August 09, 2008

Pimm's

For some time I've been itching to make some Pimm's at home. Pimm's is a traditional English summer drink. It's more formally known as Pimm's No. 1 (there are 6 but for the most part people are only familiar with No. 1). It's on offer in pubs and I've only started enjoying it this summer. Today was a rainy afternoon and I thought this would be a fun project, so Sarah and I walked to a nearby market and got all we needed.



These are the ingredients. There's the Pimm's liqueur (based on gin and a secret recipe), and you add one part Pimm's to three parts lemonade (which in England, means lemon soda - Sprite or 7-Up; today I was using something a bit nicer); then lots of fruity bits: apple, strawberry, lemon, mint leaves, lime, orange, and cucumber. Yes, cucumber.

Add some ice and stir it nicely and you get a drink that looks something like this:


And that's a fine English way to spend an afternoon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home