Saturday, August 09, 2008

Shooting Star

And now, the last of my most frequented pubs ... the Shooting Star in London. It's in Bishopsgate, close to Liverpool Street Station but on the opposite side, so I haven't been so often since we moved office further away - I used to visit about once a week.



It's a Fuller's pub, and one of the nicer ones at that: besides having the standard London Pride and ESB beers on tap, they also carry more seasonal Fuller's ales in bottles, including my revered Golden Pride. Also, a few other standard lagers are on cold taps, as well as the tasty Leffe Blonde.

The food is quite good also, though a bit pricey for pub fare (just south of £10 for most entrees). My mates and I use its bacon cheeseburger as the standard for a pub burger, and compare all others against it.

The interior is quite grand. I feel a bit more like a gentleman inside.



I got these shots Thursday evening but didn't get more of the interior as it was filling up and pub patrons don't generally like having their picture taken.

I've had lots of enjoyable lunches here. My mate and I went out for lunch daily, but if it was a Friday, and we were ahead of our work and thought we could get away with a longer, more relaxing lunch, we'd be likely to visit the Shooting Star.

It's also my first choice for when my train is hopelessly delayed. If my 16:00 train is canceled, I know the 16:30 will be packed like a cattle car, so if Margo can pick up Sarah in my stead, I'll lie low in London for a while until the smoke clears a bit, and this is where I'll do it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home