Monday, July 24, 2006

Broadway

Today I just walked the streets. Specifically, I went north from Penn Station along 7th Avenue up to Times Square, then down Broadway all the way to Wall Street, then back to Penn by subway. Broadway's a great street to walk because it cuts diagonally through the city. My route started midtown and took me though parts of the Flower District, a bit of the East Village, Little Italy, Nolita, Chinatown, and the Financial District, all on one street.

So first we're looking north at Times Square. Try to imagine all the pictures moving.



Here's one block further north:



And looking south. I swear I am physically incapable of smiling on demand. Not even for me.



I passed Macy's again, then came upon the Flatiron Building.



At Union Square I lost the trail and ended up going in nearly the same direction, but the wrong street: Bowery. It was a happy accident, though, since I got to see the legendary CBGB:



I also got to pick up a Village Voice in front of the building where it was made, and crossing the street, I got to see both the Empire State Building and Chrysler Buildings nicely:



Getting back to Broadway, it wasn't long until I could see the Woolworth Building, which I think is considered one of the first skyscrapers ever.



I got about a block away from the World Trade Center site.



And lastly, the church of capitalism itself, the New York Stock Exchange.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home