Thursday, June 26, 2008

The Old Fountain

I often stop by The Old Fountain for a pint on Thursdays to start my night out in London. It's just down City Road towards the train station.





This gentleman has been schooling me in English beers for some time. Their taps change often and I always ask for his recommendation. He's introduced me to some fantastic ales, and we've had lots of chats about different breweries and styles, both in England and on the Continent. He's very knowledgeable and passionate about a good pint. Often he'll let his barrels sit for weeks before serving them to let them age a bit and get some character, especially for malty beers, though he's a real hop lover himself.



There's some seating to the left (including a nice fish tank) but it didn't fit in the picture. There's also a bit of a beer garden out the back door, and behind where I was standing is more seating against the window, which is where I usually sit and read the day's Shortlist, or perhaps the London Drinker if it's out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home