Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The Fat Cat

The Fat Cat is the closest thing to my local, though it's perhaps a mile away.



There are one or two pubs that are slightly closer, but they don't have the beer selection or character of the Cat. My mate (and neighbour) John and I visit here most Saturday evenings, and I occasionally come by on a Wednesday afternoon (like today) before picking up Sarah.

The taps change often. I've seen taps on a Wednesday that are not available on Saturday.



This is my favourite room. There's a front room with the bar to the left, and to the right is the yard with tables and umbrellas. But on a sunny afternoon like today, with a pint and a bit of newspaper to read, it's a great place to be. It's mostly empty Wednesday afternoons but heaving on Saturday evenings. I especially enjoy perusing the coasters from East Anglian breweries along the tops of the walls.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home