Friday, March 16, 2007

Red Nose Day

Today is Red Nose Day. It's a fundraiser for worldwide poverty, but mostly in Africa. I'm watching "The Big One" Comic Relief special on BBC One as I type. Already 2.5 million pounds have been raised. And this happens every year.

I've seen Live Aid and Live 8 on DVD, and I'm quite happy to see something similar in real time. Tonight's show is seven hours of comedy with Catherine Tate, Ricky Gervais, Dawn French, Sting, Ant and Dec, Mitchell and Webb, Billy Connolly, Sugababes and Girls Aloud, Rowan Atkinson, Russell Brand, Little Britain, and lots more.

We bought a red nose for Sarah from Oxfam and she wore it at school today along with lots of other kids. The proceeds went to the charity.

I think it's so great when events like this take place to focus peoples' attention to worthy causes by bringing together lots of talented performers, and it's great to take part in it as it happens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home