Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Amusements

I like to think I lead a simple life. Or at least, that I used to. Not too much clutter; not too many engagements. Enjoy the simple pleasures in life.

I don't know where we crossed that line, but we are carrying around a load of gadgets to keep us amused on our trip.

It may have started with my 60 Gb iPod. I like my music, and it's been nice to listen to an album before drifting off to sleep.

My mom also gave me a Sudoku electronic game. (Thanks, Mom.) Subsequently, I am a master of the Sudoku arts. I start a bus/train ride with a level 2 puzzle to warm up, then take on a level 3 or 4 (the highest, with this game anyway) challenge. I am learning new moves as I go. Some day I will write a book (no, probably scrolls instead) in which I shall impart my hard-earned wisdom upon undeserving souls. I am legend. I am also undefeated: I've only had to quit because of time constraints. That, or being tired. But that doesn't count.

We realized Sarah may have a hard time waiting in train stations and airports, so we thought it would be a good idea to get a hand-held gaming console. We settled on the Nintendo DS Lite. I got some Mario games for Sarah and I (Mario Kart and Super Mario Brothers), but when I got Brain Age for Margo, I created a monster: now she's at it every night. It includes Sudoku. Now at this point I must reiterate that I am a Sudoku master, and Margo is not. Were we to battle, I would surely defeat her.

Then Margo realized how much she missed her 1980s Sharp Wizard electronic organizer ... so she sprang and got a Palm Tungsten E2. I don't even know what it does. But she did put Sudoku on that too. As well as Solitaire. (But she's still using the Nintendo every night.)

Did I mention we also have a laptop? And an external hard drive? And a digital camera? All in the same bag? Where did I go wrong?

1 Comments:

Blogger moonfeather's flight said...

Mike,
I know the feeling. So many "things" and when do we actually just sit and look at the wonder around us. Just remember to look up occasionally to see where you are! Brenda

10:07 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home