Tuesday, March 18, 2008

The Next Adventure

Just wanted to share the news that I have been offered admission to the PhD progamme in Social Work at University of British Columbia. Whilst I was optimistic about my chances, it was still a relief to be informed this week!

So - now I just have to settle on a dissertation topic, and organise another overseas move... Also, if my experience in the MSW programme is at all predictive, I'll also need to prepare myself for feeling rather intimidated and overwhelmed for the first few months of school.

I am looking forward to returning to academia and to the Northwest and to driving on the right side of the road - though I suspect I'll be cursing the decision re: school from time to time during exams and when papers are due. Still, in a few years you'll be able to call me Dr Nelson!

Cheers,
Margo

2 Comments:

Blogger P n' Q said...

Hi Margo...congrats!! I'm so proud of you...and it will be nice to have you closer to Portland! Keep up the good work!
Cheers to you!!
Liisa

7:38 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Girl!!
I am soooo happy for you and will be glad you are closer to all of us. But I have to say you rock on the driving. And I will be proud to know the fabulous Dr. Nelson!!!! Not Watson?? I presume.
Love ya
brenda

6:18 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home