Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Sarah's Assembly

Sarah lost her other front tooth a few days ago, so before school today I got this picture.



And then I brought our camera with me on the school run to see Sarah's class assembly, scheduled first thing in the morning. Each class is putting on an assembly for the others, and today was her class' day.

The theme of her assembly was "Big Eats", which has been an ongoing thread in their studies: healthy foods and exercise. A microphone was passed around as pupils shared information with us. The bottles on the table below were pulled out by some students to represent the amount of blood in a human body.



A song was sung, and a poem was recited. Sarah had memorised it and been telling it to us for days:

Mashed potatoes on the ceiling
Green beans on the floor
Stewed tomatoes in the corner
Squash upon the floor

Prickled peppers in my pocket
Spinach on my sleeves
Mushrooms in my underpants
With leeks and lettuce leaves

Sprouts onion celery
Cabbage and beets
Buried neatly underneath
The cushions of our seats

All the rest I've hidden in my socks
And down my shirt
I'm done with all my vegetables
I'm ready for dessert


Sarah's part came towards the end. She thanked us for coming, and invited us to look at their artwork, still lifes of fruit and veg in the style of Cezanne.



Tonight Margo and I met with Sarah's teacher for a scheduled conference. She's doing well, performing at nearly a 3rd grade level in most of her subjects.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home