Sunday, October 21, 2007

Dublin Day Four

Umm. There's not much to add; it was a short day. I got up first and, after showering, went out to seek a Sunday Times. I got one, and noticed it was truly an Irish edition: the editorials and many of the articles were by Irish authors, and much of the content was for an Irish readership. I'd noticed this yesterday with the Saturday Guardian also. Another difference is that UK papers seem to be printed differently here; some content is in black and white instead of colour, and some sections are combined. I did miss my Top Gear section, the guys' bit with the flash cars and gadgets, video game reviews, and exotic pubs, and wasn't sure if it was omitted from the Irish edition, or if someone had nicked it from my copy.

We packed and got a cab to the airport (cheaper than the bus-and-cab combo we'd had earlier). Margo and Sarah got breakfast. Then a fairly uneventful flight back to dear old Essex, reuniting with our Toyota Yaris for a stop at the petrol station and a drive home. Margo made us some pasta, we listened to Celtic music and I had some Irish Cream whilst typing up these bits. Hope you enjoyed it all, but it's about bedtime and I have to work tomorrow, so cheerio for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home