Sunday, October 07, 2007

Ipswich Waterfront

I had my camera with me this afternoon when I was out and about in Ipswich. This is the view from my favourite coffee shop, on the waterfront.



I apologise for botching the focus a bit. I'd set the focus and exposure closer to the table's edge to compensate for the backlighting. But there's a few items of note. Yes, that is Portland's Beth Ditto on the cover of the Sunday magazine I was about to read through. My bike is just above my helmet, locked to the chain fence. But of course you can't see much of the waterfront, so here's another view.



There are four construction cranes on the waterfront. In addition, out of view to the right, a new campus for the University Campus Suffolk is also under construction. When my train approaches Ipswich, the tops of the cranes are visible above the hills long before the city itself is. I was noting to a mate how tall the cranes are, wondering why they'd use such tall cranes when the buildings won't be very high. Turns out I was wrong - one will be 23 storeys, making it the tallest building in Suffolk, perhaps even in East Anglia.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home