Saturday, April 14, 2007

Some Observations

(written April 11)

Smoking is pretty common, but most public places (restaurants, trains) don't allow it.

The weather has been sunny and in the 70s F, but still quite cool in mornings and evenings and indoor. Most women wear leather jackets and boots, and most men wear smart jackets.

Light orange (burnt orange?) is a colour people wear sometimes. Men and women sometimes wear scarves.

I'd considered buying a pair of sunglasses as a sourvenir, but I don't like the current aviator-like styles, and that's mostly what I see. Bring me some squinty ones like they wore in The Matrix, about, what, ten years ago?

I have yet to see an Italian sports car. It sort of makes sense as mostly we've been in the narrow streets of old city centres. But the sports cars I have seen are mostly German and British. Most cars I've noticed are Fiats, Alfa Romeos, Peugots and Renaults, and Volkswagens.

So far we've almost completely avoided processed foods without even trying. It's been a painless diet. No corn syrups, enriched flours, nothing fried. All our breakfasts and dinners have featured fresh, probably local foods. We know fast food exists but you have to seek it out. It's more easily found in train stations and other such places.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home