Sunday, November 19, 2006

A Few Words about Food and Drink

I found the best collection of bottled beer yet in Ipswich, and it's at the train station. Next door is one of the city's best delis. It makes sense; if you're commuting home from London, why not pick up a readymade dinner and something nice to wash it down with?

At any rate, I'm quite happy to have dozens of new offerings to try. I brought home two strong ales, one of them with a name I couldn't pass up: Nelson's Revenge. Sarah took my picture in a vengeful pose:



And this morning we were in the mood for an A-MER-can-style breakfast - lots of carbs and cholesterol - so we decided on pancakes with sausages. (We normally eat oatmeal or cereal; sometimes on a Sunday Margo will bake croissants.) As Margo had planned to go shopping anyway, she returned with sausages and the closest thing to maple syrup: a honey-like "gold sugar" syrup.



Mmmmm, pancakes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home